Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fall Festival Fun

This week I will host my 3rd fall festival only classroom. Here's the line up.
* pumpkin investigation - circumference, sink or float, clean it out, count the seeds, roast the seeds, and carve it!
* suck the seeds - with a straw, see who can suck up the most seeds and put them in a cup the fastest! It was toooo much fun last year!
* haystack hunt - we hide candy in a big pile of hay and let the kids go wild finding it all.  They get the biggest thrill out of this and have so much fun.
* making a scarecrow - my class will read The a little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything next week, along with If You Give A Scarecrow A Pumpkin, Click Here for Book by my good friend Michele Hargrove so we use the items in the book and make a scarecrow to sit in our class until Thanksgiving.  I take pics of the kids with him and it makes for awesome writing assignments over the next couple of weeks.  (Michele also made activities to go with these and you can find them on her TpT page here...Click Here for Activities
* class size spider web - one of the middle groups reads a book about spiders this week so we spread out all over the room and throw yarn back and forth to make a really cool spider web that fills the whole room.
We will also make words using the letters in SCARECROW, patterns with fall colored bears, graphing with Dem Bones and a sheet I made Click here for my graphing sheet,

 paper pumpkins, Halloween ABC order, Halloween Syllable Sorts, and much more! I even have a GSU student who is bringing in cupcakes for us to decorate.  YUM!
This day is a lot of work, but its a lot of fun too!  I can't wait until next week when I can post some pictures of all the things we do! Just wanted to go ahead and put some ideas out there in case some of you are looking for some things to do for Halloween! Happy Fall, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!