Sunday, March 10, 2013

How much is that doggie in the window?

As usual, I've been trying to pre-plan for the next few weeks.  As I was looking for ideas to teach needs and wants with the first assessment for CCGPS Unit 4 Frameworks (obviously I'm using A Chair for My Mother  and Alexander, Who Used To Be Rich Last Sunday) but I also found a few other ideas that I wanted to share here.

One is using the book How Much is that Doggie in the Window? by Iza Trapani.  The little boy wants the dog so bad but doesn't have enough money.  In his quest to make some more money it rains, then he gets sick, and then each member of his family had a problem that he spent his money on to fix.  Here is the "doggie in the window" that I made to display in my room, as well as the activity sheets that we will do for writing and sequencing the story.






You can purchase these activities at Teacher's Notebook for $1.00 if you like them!  :)

One other accomplishment this week was the ocean animal book that I wrote for my class to use and the activity sheets to go with it.  I would LOVE for you to check it out.  Here are a few pages from the unit.  I created the book with fonts from Kimberly at Fonts by the Learning Tree and clip art from Scrappin Doodles in both color and black and white.  I gathered information from www.enchantedlearning.com and Wikipedia.  The book has 14 pages and includes a table of contents, glossary, and index, along with the 8 pages on animals.  After both versions of the book you will find a Parts of a Book Quiz, ABC Order Sheet, Syllable Sort, Matching Sheet, Identifying Subject/Predicate Sheet, Rhyming Words, a Writing page for each animal, and a Quiz on the book!

To purchase the book and activity sheets visit Tpt or Teacher's Notebook !  I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear any feedback from you guys about this book!






I can't wait for my kids to read my book this week and do some of these activities.  I hope for some really great writing samples to show you later in the week!!  

Just hanging around.....

Angie




1 comment:

  1. Love your fish book. You are so creative. I also love your blog. Stop by and visit us sometime. Your newest followers.

    Kristy and Misty
    Teachingtimes2

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!