Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark!  It is the perfect ocean companion to The Three Little Pigs.  Since we are learning about ocean animals this week it has become my obsession!!  SOOO, in honor of this book, I have created this hallway display.  Next week we are traveling to a Deserted Island for three days with three NEEDS and three WANTS, so I added an island at the top so we could enjoy it a little longer and add our writings from next week as well!  
Yesterday we did a Venn Diagram of Fish vs. Whale, which I need to take a pic of tomorrow, and today we did octopuses with legs showing ways to make 8 (obviously since octopuses have 8 legs) and I hung a couple of them on the display.  Tomorrow we are making an ocean organizer that I made to go with the book that I wrote for them to read this week.  On Thursday we will get to to the book comparisons between The Three Little Fish and The Three Little Pigs.  I can't wait!  On Friday we will assess our knowledge of ocean animals and work on some writing projects.  So far it's been a great week - thanks to my FABULOUS student teacher, and my friend Stacy's wonderful advice!  Here are some pics of where we are so far....  Oh!  and I even added a pic of Miss Lee's (my student teacher) compound word snorkels!  She's making me so proud!




If you like the idea of the deserted island, I got my ideas from Mindy at iintegratetechnology! She did this with her 2nd grade students and I tweaked it a little for my 1st graders and can't wait to try it out next week! Thanks Mindy for the great idea!



 If you'd like a 25 cent copy, click here. (Only added a quarter because of clip art, sorry!)


Have a great week!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!