Friday, April 5, 2013

Baking True and False Math Facts

Spring Break started at 1:00 for me today and I had a bunch of errands to run.  While I was out, I was thinking about the math standards, and how I could better practice and assess them.  I decided that I would start working on some sheets to use for each standard.  I picked 1.OA.D.7 to start with (I know, why not start at the beginning, you say??) because I really liked what it said and got some ideas brewing.  I came home, sat down at the computer, and got going.  The standard states.....I can understand the equal sign, and determine if equations involving addition and subtraction are true or false.
Here is what I came up with!  I would LOVE to hear your feedback before I embark on this journey to make sheets for each standard.  Would you use these?  Do you find them helpful?  I don't mind suggestions for improvement either!  Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out!
Two are deciding if basic addition and subtraction equations and sums are true/false, two are basic subtraction true/false with equations like 8 - 5 = 9 - 4, two are basic addition true/false with equations like 2 + 3 = 5 + 0, and two are making TRUE equations like 8 - 4 = ___ - 2 and 4 + 5 = ____ + 3.






Baking True or False Math Facts can be purchased at my Tpt store!  

I wanted to give you a little freebie page from the unit, so CLICK HERE and click Download Preview to get your copy of this page.
  
Well, I'm off to have dinner and get the kids ready for bed.  I'm sure I'll be dreaming up more projects in the near future.....I'm already thinking of 1.OA.D.6 I can determine the unknown number in an addition or subtraction equation relating three whole numbers........hmmmmm.....check me later!!

Have a FABULOUS night - and for those of you are also starting Spring Break.....HAVE FUN & RELAX!


Later peeps!

Angie





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!