Sunday, September 8, 2013

AHOY Mateys!!!

For the past week we have been learning about maps.  We started the week with an anchor chart about what a map is and what you can use them for.  It was all good:  1.  You can find your way home if you are lost.  2.  You can find new places to go.  3.  You can use a park map to find the rides. (Have to say that I thought that one was pretty amazing since I never thought of that one before!!)  and then......4.  YOU CAN FOLD THEM UP AND USE THEM AS A FAN!  Bwaaahahahaha  I laughed so hard as I added it to our chart.  She said "What??!!??  You CAN!!"

Anyways, our awesome librarian (Mrs. Joni Aycock) wanted to know how she could help us out.  She does story time each week with our classes and tries really hard to enhance our curriculum.  She decided to put together a Pirate Day for us!  She came dressed for success!
She planned out 4 stations that we rotated through over the span of a couple of hours.  In my room we watched Jake and the Neverland Pirates and had goldfish and blue ocean punch...
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!

down the hall they colored pirate MAPS and then wadded them up, dipped them in tea, and laid them out to dry...
 
another group followed these little signs around the building ending up in the principals office where they found a sweet "treasure"...

 
  
and then in the library Joni had them learning about maps on the Smart board!

I know as Captain of my ship I should have better attire, but this is the best I could do this week!!!
It was SUCH a fun day, especially for my little Mateys since we are all about all things PIRATE!! 
 I hope you enjoyed reading about our super special day!  
And as always, can't wait to see what we come up with next...... 

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!