Saturday, November 2, 2013

November Currently

It has been a few months since I remembered IN TIME to link up with Farley for her monthly Currently party.  This month I am excited that I get to join in the fun!  Thanks for stopping by!
My children, my husband, and I LOVE candy, so there is ALWAYS a candy basket on the counter at my house (or the top of the fridge) but it had been dwindling to not much of anything good lately.  Then HALLOWEEN hit, and there are like THREE candy baskets on the counter!  Tiny tot keeps coming up bringing me more stuff to open.  Who can deny that face????  She only gets a limited amount a day, but it's Saturday and she's all about it this morning!!

Loving and thinking go hand in hand this month - I like to take November to reflect and remember to be thankful for all the people who I love and the blessing that I have in my life.  So many times it's easy for me to STRESS OUT from and the piles of things I want/need to do, the feeling that I always need to do MORE, the pressures of our job as teachers, and the pressure of being a good mommy and wife on top of it all.  This month I want to remember to think more positively.  Hubby brought home a deer he shot  last week (free meat!!) and has been working hard to alleviate a lot of my stress lately, my kids are healthy and happy and give such sweet love to me every day, and my friends are ALWAYS there with encouraging words/hugs/ideas/jokes to cheer me up and keep me motivated to do the things I love and to FEEL loved!  I have a GREAT group of kids this year, a home a love, pets that are happy to see me, a job I ADORE (no matter the work), a new Facebook page, and I hit 100 followers on Tpt last month so I am SUPER PUMPED and thankful for THAT too, and HEY, the weather has been FANtasTIC lately!!!  LOVE this time of year!

I recently started using the literacy centers that Sarah Paul makes for each month.  They are AMAZING!!!! Click on the link to check them out!
 I talked my principal into getting them for the rest of the year and have to get printing this weekend so I can start up the November centers on Monday.  Only problem....laminator at school is BROKEN, DEAD, NEVER COMING BACK.  We are waiting on a new one, but who knows when that will be.  I LOVE my little laminator from Walmart, but it's like $13 for 50 sheets of film, and I need TONS to get all these centers ready.  Oh, well, gonna suck it up and go buy some today and PRAY that we get a new machine at school soon.  However, I still would rather have an endless supply here at home......hmmmm, Christmas wish list???
LOVE this little machine!!!!! 

OK, here is where I am needing some HELP!!!  I started a Facebook page this week and want to put a link to it on my blog.  I've searched Google to figure it out, but I'm just not finding what I need.  I feel lost and figure it has to be some simple little thing.  I just don't know.  If you have done this on your page and it was not too difficult and wouldn't mind sharing a little "how-to" with me I would really appreciate it.  You can email me at angiemariemonahan@yahoo.com.  If you would like to just head over and check out my new page you can click the pic below.  I would LOVE to have some new fans!
Now for the YUMMY pin part!  I am pinning the BEST pumpkin pie EVER!  I have used this site for the last three-four years to make my homemade pumpkin pies from real pumpkins, not the can.  The directions are REALLY easy to follow and the pie tastes AMAZING.  It may not be the PRETTIEST pick of a pie, but I tell you it is the best TASTING!  If you have never made your own homemade pumpkin pie, I highly recommend trying this one out! (Disclaimer:  I DO use a premade crust instead of making my own though - not all about making a pic crust.)
She has a little addition you can do, where you can add pecans to the top for a Caramelized Pecan Topping.  It is the BEST part if you ask me.  It has a different link so if you want to see that one click the pic below.

OK, I think I have gone on for long enough.  I would LOVE to hear what you are thankful for this season.  And in that spirit, I am thankful that you have made it to the end of my blog and are still with me!  I can def. be long winded!  Enjoy your weekend and the weather, and the smells of this wonderful time of year!

 Angie

5 comments:

  1. I love pecans...they are so good it's dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are! Good for so many things!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Are you looking to add the Facebook icon or the popup screen Angie? I am not super techie but have done both a time or two ;)!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet! I would LOVE to know about both if that's OK. It is really sweet of you to take the time to tell me!! angiemariemonahan@yahoo.com

      Delete
  3. That pie looks amazing...and I don't even eat pumpkin!! Best of luck with your Facebook page - I've still not figured it all out :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!