Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Messed-Up 120 Charts & Number Puzzles

In the first grade Unit 2 math unit we learned to put number puzzles together from cut apart pieces of a 120 chart.  The kids LOVED doing this.  First I gave them their own 120 chart and let them cut it any way that they wanted.  Then they switched with a neighbor and put them back together.  It was so amazing to watch and they worked so diligently the whole time.  For Thanksgiving I made a math center unit that included some pages to laminate and cut out so that I could put some of these puzzles in a center.  Again, they loved working on these.  Here are some pictures of them working.

So, when I was working on some activities for this holiday season, I decided to offer up some of these pre-made templates for you to print on colored cardstock, laminate, and put in centers for extra practice or early finishers.  To go with this skill we have also been working on filling in missing numbers on pieces of the cut out chart.  I made a little mini-unit with worksheets for practicing this, but I also included one for FREE in the Fred the Elf & The Messed-Up 120 Chart pack.  Just click on the picture to grab your copy!!

Here are a couple of pics of this pack in action.  I gave it B to work on tonight by the Christmas tree and he really enjoyed it!!
 

If you are looking for extra sheets you can find them here or by clicking the pic below.

Another little mini-unit I've put up in my store works with TRUE/FALSE addition facts (and there are even a couple of <, >, = true/false bonus pages).  There are several different versions of activities to choose from.  I'd love for you to check them out!  I have included a freebie example page for you if you want to check it out.  Click HERE to find it!

Well, I'm off to catch up on some shows on the DVR and just relax for a little bit.  I hope that you are all finding JOY each and every day this holiday season.  I've been working really hard on finding a blessing in my life each day to be celebrate.  As you read this, know that I feel blessed to be able to share the things that I create with YOU and that you are here reading this and sharing your time with me!!

Angie






3 comments:

  1. You have a gift friend... I am excited to use this in my room!!! Hope you have a great night...
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!