Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fry Phrase Chutes & Ladders FREEBIE

This week we did a lot of different interventions trying to get those last few that still haven't mastered AT LEAST the first 100 Fry words.  I have been using some AWESOME Fry Sight Word Checkbooks made by Jennifer Pitts (click on the pic to go check out her store) and each student in my class has the book that best fits them.  
I still have some in 1-100, but some are already in 301-400!  I didn't want to hold those who want to learn more back so I just test them when they are ready and move them on as far as they can go.  Anyways, I digress... after using some word searches and fill in the blank with sight word sentences, and flashcards, etc. I decided to make our LASSO (Leading All Students Successfully Onward) time a little more fun with a game.  I made these Fry Chutes and Ladder games that have the first 80 fry phrases using the first 100 words.  I used them a couple of days this week and the kids LOVED them!  I plan to make a LOT more of them with more difficult phrases, but wanted to share with you what I have already in case you are looking for a fun, FREE, way to practice those Fry Phrases as well.  It means more to me to hear them read the words in a phrase than just have them memorized but not able to identify when they see them inside a sentence or book.  Hope you love them too!  I'd love to hear what you think if you download them, and if you'd like to see more!
 

Click on the link below to grab your copy of these two versions of the game.
 Fry Phrase Chutes and Ladders 1 & 2

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  Keeping it short and sweet cause it's been COLD here and it makes me just want to snuggle in bed and watch some t.v. and snooze.  Be back soon!

Angie

2 comments:

  1. Courage is the ladder on which all the other virtues mount. See the link below for more info.


    #ladder
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!