Saturday, February 15, 2014

Five for Friday on a Saturday AGAIN...

I just can't get it together on Friday to get these posts done!  I need to do them ahead of time and schedule them I guess, but the week is always so busy and time is so precious!  Anyways, had a few things I wanted to share so I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for their 5 for Friday linky party!
In honor of Valentine's Day yesterday I want to first focus on the LOVES of my life.....
The Man of My Dreams
First I want to share something really personal.  In my currently for this month I mentioned that I had been going through some rough times emotionally lately.  Things are looking up, and now that I'm feeling better I am seeing things more clearly and realizing the most important things in my life.  One of these things is my husband.  He's put up with a whole lot lately and doesn't get enough credit.  We didn't say traditional vows when we got married, but rather the ones below.  Having forgotten what all they said, I finally found where I had put them 5 years ago and reread them last night and realized that they mean so much MORE now than they ever could have back then.  I intend to frame them and hang so I never forget these words.
My Two Little Cherubs
These two are a mess and I love them so very, very much.  Grandma came and got them yesterday to go away for FIVE DAYS!!!!  I'm still not sure what to do without them that whole time (we are on break) but I'm sure that the quiet and sleeping in will be WONDERFUL!!!!  However, when I hugged them "goodbye" and watched them walk away my heart felt like a big piece was missing.  They are already having the time of their lives, but I do miss their smiling faces and "hugs, kisses, and snuggles".

My Newest Project/Hobby
I love to do puzzles and a couple of months ago we did a 2000 piece puzzle that was a collage of Disney movies.  It was AWESOME, and HUGE.  Now I found another 2000 piece Ocean Scene that is GORGEOUS and have started it.  As you can see, it takes up my entire dining room table right now.  Maybe this week while we are off I can get it done (if hubby will ever start helping).
 
Math Centers & Number Puzzles
This week was a review week for us (good thing since we wound up with 2 more "ice" days).  My kids just LOVE the number puzzles with the 120 charts.  I made a bunch of different ones in different colors and they are so diligent about getting them done and "just right".  This week when we were off I worked on a St. Patrick's Day number puzzles pack.  Instead of just cutting out the chart in different ways, I put pictures in the place of several numbers on the chart to make it a little more challenging.  I added in some number puzzle worksheets where the students have to fill in the missing numbers of the puzzle pieces.  If you are interested you can click HERE  (or on the pic of it below) to go to my store and grab Patrick's Mixed-Up 120 Charts.  There are some pictures from the pack below.
 
Here's a little preview of what's in the pack....
 
2 Favorite Quotes this Week from Pinterest
I really wish I had this shirt to wear at home!!!!! LOL

Hope that you all had a wonderful LOVE-FILLED Valentine's Day yesterday and that you are able to enjoy some nice weather like we have here in South Georgia today!  It's chilly, but so bright and sunny!!!  Oh! And Happy Birthday to my friend Stacy at Funky Fresh Firsties today!  She's throwing a sale at her store for 20% off in honor of her birthday!  She makes AMAZING stuff so you should really check it out!  If you click the pic below it will take you to her store!

See you soon!


3 comments:

  1. Your vows are BEAUTIFUL and such a great reminder to yourself and others to keep in focus the most important things in life! Even though it's so easy to forget! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Ashley
    Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that sweet note! You're right, it is easy to forget, but so worth remembering! Enjoy your weekend as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Dear Angie,
    I had to stop by and just tell you that your lovely comments on my blog made my day! You're just the sweetest - thank you!
    : )
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop Teaching

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!