Saturday, February 8, 2014

Five for Friday (on a Saturday)...

So excited to be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  Yesterday seemed like the longest day of my life so I didn't get a chance to join in last night, but this morning I'm up and moving and wanted to link up!  Here goes...

"Kisses from Head to Toes" 
(originally "How Many Kisses Tall Are You? - but I liked this better)
My student teacher found a cute measurement activity with this Hershey Kisses hallway display.  Each student got the chance to come out in the hall and see how many kisses tall they are.  Then we wrote them on hearts to put all around it.  This is my personal child who couldn't wait to try it out too!!
My other sweet one singing her heart out on the microphone and amp that Santa brought for Christmas.  She just LOVES this thing.  May see her on a stage one day.  She sings and sings and sings all the time and also LOVES getting to sing and  videotaped.  
Trying out my hand at some dog-sitting.
This is Ellie.  She's one of my best friends' dogs.  I typically don't like all the licking and bouncing around she does when I go visit, and was reluctant to do this, but she has been SOOOOO good.  She stayed in the bathroom the first night I had her, but I didn't shut the door last night and she wound up sleeping right by my head all night.  I have to admit....it was kinda nice.  Here she is hanging out on the couch!  She will be going home tomorrow, but I have a newfound love for her for future visits to her house.
 
 
Last week we got two snow days.....this was all the snow I got to see!  I know a lot of you are sad about the massive amounts of snow you are getting and how bad it's messing up your schedules, but if we were going to get some I would at least like to be able to make a snowball!!  Oh well, maybe in another 3-4 years (that's about how often we get to see the white stuff).
Measurement Olympics 
This week we did our Measurement Olympics.  Using non-standard measurement tools they got their event cards.  They measured how far they could blow a feather (with crayons), how long their desk is (with wiggly worms), how far they could throw a cotton ball (with markers), and how far they could jump (with unsharpened pencils).  It was SO MUCH FUN and they LOVED it.  I was really impressed with their work.

Well, that's about it for me for today!  It's another rainy Saturday so I think I'm going to do a little work on the computer and do some catching up on some DVR shows (I have A LOT to watch).  Hmmmm, might even start a new book (romance, vampires, mystery???).  Anyone have any great suggesstions???



2 comments:

  1. Love the kisses from head to toe! Your little one is precious. I live in California and snow days are but a fond memory!! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie,
    Love the measurement Olympics. I'm going to have to try some of those awesome ideas. Enjoy your shows and reading!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!