Saturday, February 22, 2014

Five for Friday...On Saturday

This week I am late, as usual, for the Five for Friday, but in my defense it's been Winter Break and I couldn't even remember what day it was all week long.  However, I was NOT HAPPY when I figured out that today really was Saturday!  Time just FLEW this week - but that's how breaks go isn't it?  I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the Five for Friday.  Have you linked up yet???

My mother-in-law came on Friday last week and took my kids to her house for FIVE days!  Ladies and gentlemen, I L.O.V.E.  my kids, but that was one very needed break.  Hubby and I just got to act like honeymooners and I slept and created stuff and slept and went where I wanted when I wanted.  I spent a lot of time on a puzzle that I'm working on and just overall got a chance to really, really relax and let go.  While they were away getting spoiled like crazy they went to some animal safari near Callaway Gardens and got to feed animals that walked up to their van.  The giraffe's were their favorite.  Here's a little pic of some zebras to show how the animals just come up the the van they were in and you feed them out the window!!  WILD!
Here's the puzzle so far.  Getting more and more done everyday....
I bought an iPad through our school computer buy program this August.  Here is the corner of it today after one little wee one was playing with it.  "I don't know what happened" is what I got from one and "I didn't do it" from the other!  Wonder if there is some kind of warranty....hmmmm.......
My friend Stacy at Funky Fresh Firsties gave me the idea to start a packet for people if they need emergency sub plans.  I took the idea and RAN with it.  I had so much fun making this So You're Gonna Be Out...March edition emergency sub packet!  I am putting it up for FREE, FOR TODAY ONLY, if you'd like to grab one.  (Just click on the picture below to head over to my store.)   IF you have to be out you can download, print, give to sub, and go!  There is plenty in the packet to keep your firsties busy for a LONG time.  The sheets can also be used to for morning work, centers, enrichment, extra work for early finishers, etc, if you want to grab them for that instead of sub plans, but either way you'll be covered!  I plan to make them for every month and am almost done with April already so be looking for it to come out soon too!!

What all is in this packet....
Kelly at First Grade Fairytales sent me an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. set of centers to try out for her.  I printed, laminated, and put my 8 year old to work.  She did 3 math and 3 language arts centers.  I think they are just super cute and can't wait to use in the classroom for Read Across America day with all things Dr. Seuss. (Hey, did you know I have a chicken named Seuss cause she lays green eggs????)
Here are some pictures of her centers in action.  Click here to go to her store.

 True and False Math Facts
 Mixed Up Sentences to Order and Write
 Math Word Problems to Solve
 Matching Time on Digital to Analog clocks and recording
 Noun, Verb, Adjective Sort
 Matching Synonyms

Well, that's it for me mateys!  Until next time, I hope you have a wonderful week.  I actually can't wait to get back in the classroom, but this break has been heavenly too!!  Take care and see you again soon!  Thanks Doodle Bugs!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!