Sunday, March 16, 2014

Another Sunday Funday :)

Random stuff I wanted to share for Sunday Funday with A Burst of First and Lucky to Be in First...
Click on either of them above to head over and link up with us!!!  It's so much fun to see what everyone has been doing that's FUN!  Here goes....

Lauren, my student teacher, found these hands (just the palms glued down) on Pinterest and used them to teach the kids to find different ways to make 10.  They LOVED this activity and all came up with tons of ways.  It helped with our practice with the commutative property as well!!  I highly recommend this activity.  The kids took them home so they can keep practicing ways to make other numbers as well!
 
 
Another activity we did was my Spaghetti and Meatballs Ten Ways to Make to 10 activity.
Click on the pic above if you want to head to my store to check it out.  It's FREE for the next few days!!!

Here's my sweet, big, fat, lovable guinea pig , Puppy, that's been getting lots of love in our house for the past year and a half.  He gets more spoiled every single day I swear.


 The busiest day of my week was Friday when we celebrated Dr. Seuss Day (yes we were late, but we had the high school football and baseball players and some cheerleaders come to read to us).  We participate in R.I.F. (Reading is Fundamental) with our local library and they pass out books to each student several times a year.  The players, Jackson Ware and Jacob Schofill, came back to the room with us and read several of the books that the kids had picked out.  They were SOOOO EXCITED to have the big boys read to them!

 
BEFORE all that we did some fun math and literacy activities (most made from Kelly at First Grade Fairytales) that the kids had a lot of fun doing while we did some individual testing.
Word Search
 True/False Math Facts
 Telling Time
 Noun, Verb, Adjective Sort

Lauren, my student teacher, made the kids these ADORABLE little One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish bags of candy that they ate while we watched The Lorax.  Any movie day is tons of fun!!

THEN, we have a special friend that is moving away next week so during our planning break we had a Spring Favorites party to celebrate for her.  We each brought a snack (which I forgot to take pics of) and all of us left with one of each of these awesome "favorites" from our friends.  It was a nice little relaxing part of the day! In my lemon gift was a lemon, a bottle of water, two packs of lemonade pre-mix, and a box of lemonheads.  Lauren brought toenail polish and supplies to go with that, we had some yummy Vanilla Chai Tea from Kelly, a spring scarf from Traci, some strawberry cake cookies, and my very own Starbucks cup (which will be making many trips with me to Starbucks!)  
 
When I got home Meghan and I tried out the new polish!  She LOVES doing multi-colored nails and I LOVE those little feet!!! LOL

Lauren and I had fun in our personal photo booth and want to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!! 
WEAR GREEN!!!!

This weekend we've planned some family stuff to do, but besides cooking together and watching How to Train a Dragon (and all falling asleep together) we haven't made it out to do much else.  We were out the door for Putt-putt this morning when the rain started pouring down...Oh, well!  Will try to fit in some quality time during the week!  I hope that you have a great day EVERY day this week and would love to hear some of the things that YOU did for FUN this week!








3 comments:

  1. What a fun week!! Love the photo booth and those sweet toes, too :)
    And thanks for the shout out!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a week! Those tens hands are a great idea. I love them. Those Seuss activities look amazing. I'll be checking them out. I did nail polish with my little lady this weekend too. So fun!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun! I'm loving the tens hands!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!