Thursday, May 29, 2014

School's Out for Summer!

Now that summer is here my blog kind of turns into more of a personal journey and less of a school spot.  To start off summer I got a new Kia Sonata!  After hubby totaled my car a few weeks ago it was time for something new.  Upon visiting the lot I fell in love with this one.  I named her Betty White.
 After picking her up we went over to a friend's house and went swimming!  The water felt so good and with Meghan's new swimming body float she could swim all over without me having to hold on to her.  SCORE!!!
The next day was NOT so good.  The boys went fishing and May and I went to take naps.  She woke before I did and this was the horror scene that I found upon waking.  Yes, that's her HAIR, that was almost to her buns, cut off and laying in the floor.  Also an Eddie Bauer sleeping bag that she was told not to touch.  She at least put a half-dozen Band-aids on that!  She cut her hair TO HER EARS!!!!
Fortunately we were able to make it look pretty cute for now while it grows out.  A little summer bob.  She used to call herself Rapunzel with her long locks, but not to worry, she's told me she's still Rapunzel because Flynn Rider cut off her hair at the end and she gets short hair......and according to her "it was easy to do!"

Day 3 of Summer Break we hit the beach!  It was awesome getting my toes in that pretty white sand. (Couldn't get any of my pics to upload.)  The kids played in the pools around the pier and in the waves of the ocean.  My friend Belinda and I cooked like fried chicken on the shore. It was such a nice and relaxing day though and I can't wait to go again.....after my school cools off! :)

How are you starting off your summer and what plans do you have?  Hopefully we'll have many more beach days, picnics, swimming days, play dates, and fun times together!  I can't wait!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!