Sunday, May 18, 2014

Three Pigs and Three Fish Comparison

When planning for the 2nd to last week of school I wanted to still do some actual teaching and not just "surviving" so I planned three days of Pigs and Fish.  This week I decided to go with an old favorite and a newer version that was easy to compare and contrast for a Venn Diagram.  My choices?
On Monday we read this version of the book from Reading A-Z and did a story map.

On Tuesday we read The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark.  If you haven't read this before you should try to find a copy because it is SOOOOOO cute!!!!

We did the same kind of story may with this book.
So, on Wednesday I made a big Venn Diagram and they told me the things that were the same and different about both books when compared together.

After we finished our Venn Diagram I asked them to each write about which book they like the best and why.  They jumped right on this and enjoyed writing about their favorite.  It was pretty even, but to be honest, The Three Little Fish is MY favorite.  Here are some of their writings.
 
 
 
Five more days to go...This week we are grouping our kids and trading classes for fun centers on Monday and Wednesday, having Movie Day on Tuesday with the end of the year party, and on Thursday (because I think we lost our minds a little) we will be going on a field trip!  Friday will be survival mode and the honors recognition ceremony.  How many more days of school do you have?  Good luck finishing out the school year and I hope you have awesome summer plans!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!