Monday, July 14, 2014

Ahoy Mateys!

Well, I started going to my classroom this weekend to see what I could do....panic attack!!!!!  Everything was on top of everything else and all scrambled up.  I had my 8-year-old help me move my furniture back and start getting things in order a little better.  Then my friend Kelly at First Grade Fairytales goes and puts out an AMAZING Back to School Lesson Plans for the First FIVE Days pack and my brain goes into overdrive thinking about that first week of school.  If you want to check that out you can click the picture below to go to her blog and read all about it.

ANYways.....I started looking at her plans, which blew me away, and then decided to add in a little of my own.  I am Mrs. Monahan's Mateys (you know, pirate theme) and so I thought "How I Became a Pirate" would be a great addition to the plans.  We could make a pirate head, talk about how the pirates had no rules and did things so differently than Jeremy Jacobs, and that could lead into a discussion about why we have rules and what they are.  SOOOOO, I initially sat down to make a rule sheet where they could copy down the school rules.  I did that.  Then I thought it would be cute to also have a labeling sheet....so I did that.  Then I thought a short little ABC order sheet would be good.....so I did that.  And then, because I had no math, I made the X Marks the Spot math game for 2 players.  Obsessive, I know, but I have taken the summer off and it felt SO GOOD to get in there and start making stuff again!!  I couldn't stop.  At any rate, I put them all up for FREE on TpT if you are interested.  You can see a sneak peek below.





OK Mateys, I'm beat for the day and ready for bed so I'm saying good-night!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the bloggy love, and I absolutely adore your pirate additions. I really want to do a pirate unit & these will be great to have. Thanks!! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find the link to the jobs for the pirate theme! Help please! Shea

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!