Saturday, July 26, 2014

Back to School

I've dragged my kids with me to work in my classroom almost every day for the last two weeks, a couple hours a day, and am pretty stoked that I'm almost ready for Open House and still have 4 more days to work on it (IF I go up there tomorrow - but I'm trying to stay away this weekend).  All I need to do now is put my treats together and the packets of stuff that we have to give parents.  It's a good feeling!!!
Didn't do a whole lot differently this year, but am thankful to Melonheadz for this cute pirate that I blew up on the Smartboard and traced to adorn my "Mighty Good Work" wall (excuse the wrinkles in the paper - they don't look like that in person).  I didn't have one of these last year until near the end of the year and really loved it so I spiffed it up to go with my theme this year and am really proud of how it turned out.
 I also don't usually have a calendar up but really wanted one this year so I made this little pirate-themed calendar set to go on the wall by my "Mighty Good Work".  I love it!
 
 
 My behavior chart stayed the same from last year!  I just LOVE the way it looks and didn't want to change a thing (except to straighten up that hat where you can read that better - LOL - guess I better do that on Monday).
 My Captain's Crew board is where I put my small group names.  I have the anchors, the ships, the pirate flags, and the parrots.  Worked great last year and plan to use again - though we are doing a new program that is supposed to have more flexible grouping so I'll have to see how that works.
 I also have a Matey Classroom Job wall, but I forgot to get a pic of that for you!  If this is your theme too you may want to check out my jobs.  Just click the pic below.
I also moved my CAFE board to the white board up front.  I think this year instead of adding to the chart I'm just going to put up the skills we are working on for the week.  Takes up less space this way and serves the same purpose.  Have my behavior stick there on the right ready to go too.  Just have to add the names of my new little mateys when they come in on Friday!
Well, there's a look at my room so far. Didn't take any WHOLE pictures yet as there is still stuff laying around on tables but will try to remember to put some of them up soon!  Off to help the hubs cook some steak for dinner (and brownies for desert - YUM).  Oh, and I was blessed with another student teacher this semester from Shorter University.  His name is Mario and I met him yesterday.  I think we will work beautifully together and I'm so excited about how excited HE is!  I'm sure there will be plenty of him on here in the months to come.  Until then....


2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!