Thursday, September 25, 2014

FUN class-size 120 number line and kid-made 120 charts

We've been super busy this week!  On Monday we put together a class-size number line, 20 numbers at a time.  I saw that my friend Kelly had used these pre-made, FREE numbers to cut out on different colored paper and I headed to grab them.  They are from Jennifer on Tpt. She also had the great idea for the number line and has it all laid out for you if you go snag her product (and don't forget - it's FREE).  We did the first 20 together, then each table came up and glued on the next color, 20 at a time, and then we did the last 20 (101-120) together.  I took them around the school to show off their HUGE number line and then we glued it to the wall in the classroom so they could use it all year long - SCORE!
 
 
 
 
The next day we got to work on putting together the whole 120 chart in groups at tables.  I used the same number pages and did each set of 20 on a different colored paper.  They cut them out themselves and then got to work putting it together.  They worked so cooperatively!!  I was super proud!  And what I thought would take forever for them to do didn't take them that long at all!  AND they've asked to redo it a couple of times this week and have gotten even faster!
 
 
 
 
 
 On Wednesday we worked in groups putting numbers in order (5 at a time) and today we worked on missing numbers as well as before, between, and after numbers. Well, that's it for me for today.  Just wanted to share these cool 120 activities.  Plus, I promised the kids to put their pictures online so we could go look at them! :)  Hope you all have a wonderful evening!


1 comment:

  1. That is a fun hands on activity! I bet the kids were really proud of themselves.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me your own banana note anytime!